The Milehouse Corner playground was a long way from residential areas around the northern, eastern and southern boundaries of the park and three more playgrounds were made between 1950 and 1965.
In 1950, work started on making a playground in the Valley below Glendower Road and it opened for use in 1951.
In the photograph, the workmen are constructing concrete steps for access. The playground was abandoned, and the apparatus removed circa 2000 and more details are wanted about this. The concrete steps remained until being finally demolished in  whilst other concrete bases can still be found under the grass.
The playground near Peverell Corner, between Outland Road and Pounds House, was made in 1955 within the walls of Pounds House’s former kitchen garden. The area above the playground was originally an orchard which must have become overgrown before being cleared and new paths laid in 1955.
(The Box accession reference 2732/9)
One of the old kitchen garden walls can be seen on the left of this photo taken circa 1960. Hope Baptist Church on the other side of Peverell Park Road can be seen behind the swings.
There was a playground on the slope above Wake Street from 1965 until [date required] when increasing vandalism was among the reasons for its removal.